2015 Official Rules
ALL TOURNAMENTS - SAFE LIGHT UNTIL 3:00 PM
All Federal, State, and Local laws will be obeyed as well as the McNider Marine Tournament Trail rules. Fisherman should be knowledgeable of all laws and rules.
IT IS ALL ANGLERS' RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE RULES OF THE MCNIDER MARINE TOURNAMENT TRAIL AS WELL AS THE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS BEFORE FISHING!!!
- Limit of two (2) fishermen per boat.
- Registration cut off time is 5:30 AM.
- Any boat not checked in at official check in site by 3:00 PM for first flight, 3:15 PM for second flight, and 3:30 PM for last flight will be Disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- Only artificial baits will be used.
- Only one (1) rod in use at any time. NO jigger poles allowed. No Alabama Rigs or Umbrella Rigs.
- Fish size limit no less than 12 inches. Fish will be measured with golden rule ... Demopolis 14" fish.
- Limit of 5 fish per boat.
- Livewell will be checked before tournament begins.
- NO FISHING WITHIN (800 ft 360 degrees from any locks, dams, powerhouse, spillway areas). This is a McNider Marine rule ... not state or federal law. No exceptions!
- Life jackets must be worn at blast off.
- Only largemouth and spotted bass will be weighed in.
- Fishermen cannot leave the boat except for emergency /bathroom /weather etc.
- ALL fishermen must use rejuvenate in livewells during summer months.
- All boats must have livewell; no stringers, coolers, or iced down fish.
- Each dead fish weighed in will result in a (2 oz.) penalty from total creel.
- All decisions by tournament officials will be final.
- Any suspicious fish will be examined by the tournament Directors and could result in disqualification.
- Any grievance must be submitted to tournament directors before the scales are closed.
- Any fisherman is subject to a random polygraph test and will be required to pass in order to receive pay outs. Anyone who fails a polygraph test will no longer be able to fish the McNider Marine Tournament trail.
- Any boat may lock through.
- The tournaments will have a point system 1st place 200 points, 2nd 199 points, ect.
- Only top 50 percent in points and teams that fish all tournaments will be allowed to fish the classic. (TOTAL TEAMS FISHED) (NO DROP THIS YEAR)
- SUBSTITUTES MAY ONLY BE USED TWICE DURING THE SEASON. IT MUST BE THE SAME SUB USED BOTH TIMES. A YOUTH 16 OR YOUNGER MAY BE USED OUTSIDE OF YOUR REGULAR SUB. YOU MAY FISH WITH ANOTHER PARTNER, BUT POINTS WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE ORIGINAL TEAM POINTS.
- No fishing in gravel pit. (Millers Ferry) No fishing in ponds or private property during high water levels.
- No substitution will be allowed for classic other than youth 16 and under.
- If a team splits in the middle of the year the points will be divided.
- All fish must be weighed in McNider Marine net bags only. You may use your outer bag.
- No one is allowed in the boat other than participating fishermen.
- Owners, Bruce and Melissa McNider, have the sole right to deny any person registration to fish if deemed necessary.
- Effective Feb 25-2015 we will not except payment for tournament until all forms are complete and you must pay in full for individual tournament or for the year that includes memberships. We need complete address, phone number, and email address of each partner. You must pay both memberships before a boat number is given.
- Partners must be designated when you sign up for the first tournament. If you do not designate that you are using a sub the first tournament, the person you sign up with will be designated as your partner for the season.