2014 Official Rules
ALL TOURNAMENTS - SAFE LIGHT UNTIL 3:00 PM
All Federal, State, and local laws will be obeyed as well as the McNider Marine Tournament Trail rules. Fisherman should be knowledgeable of all laws and rules.
IT IS ALL ANGLERS' RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE RULES OF THE MCNIDER MARINE TOURNAMENT TRAIL AS WELL AS THE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS BEFORE FISHING
- Limit of two (2) fishermen per boat.
- Registration cut off time is 5:30 AM.
- Any boat not checked in at official check in site by 3:00 PM for first flight, 3:15 PM for second flight, and 3:30 PM for last flight will be Disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
- Only artificial baits will be used.
- Only one (1) rod in use at any time. NO jigger poles allowed.
- Fish size limit no less than 12 inches. Fish will be measured with golden rule………Demopolis 14" fish.
- Limit of 5 fish per boat.
- Livewell will be checked before tournament begins.
- NO FISHING WITHIN (800 ft 360 degrees from any locks, dams, powerhouse, spillway areas). This is a McNider Marine rule…………. not state or federal law. No exceptions!
- Life jackets must be worn at blast off.
- Only largemouth and spotted bass will be weighed in.
- Fishermen cannot leave the boat except for emergency /bathroom /weather etc.
- ALL fishermen must use rejuvenate in livewells during summer months.
- All boats must have livewell; no stringers, coolers, or iced down fish.
- Each dead fish weighed in will result in a (2 oz.) penalty from total creel.
- All decisions by tournament officials will be final.
- Any suspicious fish will be examined by the tournament Directors and could result in disqualification.
- Any grievance must be submitted to tournament directors before or during the weigh-in.
- Any fisherman is subject to a random polygraph test and will be required to pass in order to receive pay outs. Anyone who fails a polygraph test will no longer be able to fish the McNider Marine Tournament trail.
- Any boat may lock through.
- The tournaments will have a point system 1st place 200 points, 2nd 199 points, ect.
- Only top 50 percent in points and teams that fish all tournaments will be allowed to fish the classic. (TOTAL TEAMS FISHED) (NO DROP THIS YEAR)
- Only 1 substitute during the year unless youth 16 and under. You can substitute more than once but it MUST be the same substitute in order for your points to stay with the original team. (NOTE YOU MAY FISH WITH SOMEONE ELSE BUT POINTS WILL NOT BE ADDED TO ORIGINAL TEAM POINTS ) NO SUB CAN FISH CLASSIC ONLY REGULAR PARTNER
- No fishing in gravel pit. (Millers Ferry) No fishing in ponds or private property during high water levels.
- No substitution will be allowed for classic other than youth 16 and under .
- If a team splits in the middle of the year the points will be divided.
- All fish must be weighed in McNider Marine net bags only. You may use your outer bag.
- Note owners Bruce and Melissa McNider has the sole right to deny any person registration to fish if deemed necessary.